4:15 PM ET, November 1, 2009
U of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Jake Delhomme left Arizona a winner, even if he had to take a trip to the hospital before he left town.The embattled Carolina quarterback, whose downward spiral began with a playoff loss at home against Arizona last season, threw a 50-yard touchdown pass to Steve Smith before leaving with a chest injury in the Panthers' 34-21 victory over the Cardinals on Sunday.
Warning Sign for Warner
The Panthers forced Kurt Warner to turn the ball over six times, including five interceptions. Warner struggled throwing in long yardage situations (downs with 10 or more yards to go).
|10 yards or more||Less than 10 yards|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• The Panthers got some measure of revenge for last season's 33-13 drubbing in the NFC Divisional playoffs, improving to 4-0 against the Cardinals in Arizona.
• Kurt Warner turned the ball over six times, equaling the number Jake Delhomme had in their playoff meeting. Warner matched his career high with five interceptions and has nine picks in the Cardinals' three losses this season.
• The Panthers have won three of four after starting the season 0-3.
• DeAngelo Williams rushed for a season-high 158 yards, his 13th career 100-yard rushing game. He has topped 150 yards on the ground in two of his last three games.
• Arizona now has less than 100 yards rushing in five straight games.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Peppers also forced a fumble by Warner. ... Martin started because Charles Godfrey is out with an injury. ... Arizona's next opponent, Chicago, rushed for 170 yards against Cleveland, one of the NFL's worst defenses, on Sunday.
GLENDALE, AZ - NOVEMBER 01: (L-R) Gary Barnidge #82, A.J. Feeley #11, Jake Delhomme #17 and Matt Moore #3 of the...(Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.9||4.9|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-4||3-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||07:22||Jonathan Stewart 6 Yd Run (John Kasay Kick)||7||0|
|TD||00:47||LaRod Stephens-Howling 14 Yd Pass From Kurt Warner (Neil Rackers Kick)||7||7|
|TD||14:53||Jonathan Stewart 10 Yd Run (John Kasay Kick)||14||7|
|TD||07:33||Steve Smith 50 Yd Pass From Jake Delhomme (John Kasay Kick)||21||7|
|TD||07:28||Julius Peppers 13 Yd Interception Return (John Kasay Kick)||28||7|
|TD||06:13||Ben Patrick 1 Yd Pass From Kurt Warner (Neil Rackers Kick)||28||14|
|FG||11:40||John Kasay 35 Yd||31||14|
|TD||09:44||Tim Hightower 1 Yd Run (Neil Rackers Kick)||31||21|
|FG||02:40||John Kasay 31 Yd||34||21|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker